The PlantCare Mini-Logger is a maintenance-free sensor which records soil moisture and soil temperature. A USB stick is used to easily program the mini-logger and readout the data. The PlantCare DataViewer Software allows a quick and easy display and analysis of the measured data. Fields of application are scientific research, agriculture and garden and landscaping construction.
- Agricultural research / forestry / hydrology
- Irrigation monitoring in:
- Garden and landscaping construction
- Tree nurseries
- Measurement of soil moisture levels and soil temperature at freely selectable intervals.
- Speedily reaction to changes in moisture levels.
- Reliable results even at minimum depths (from 5 cm).
- Value measured is unaffected by salt or fertilizer content.
- Precise recording of measurements through built-in quartz clock.
- A USB-interface allows programming the logger as well as readout the measured data.
- Weatherproof IP67 housing
- Temporary or permanent installation
- Can be used in all soil types
- Setting options:
- Device name
- Measuring cycle time: 10 - 360 min
- Measurement in: relative % or hPa (for hPa 6 standard soils to choose from)
- Time of first measurement
- Date and time
- Date erase
- Parameter reset
- Logging capacity for approx. 12.000 data sets
- Data export with export cable and USB Stick
- Programming with configuration file on a USB stick
- Data analysis with PlantCare DataViewer Software (inclusive)
- Power supply: 2 AA 1.5 V mono-cells
- Battery life span approx. 1 year depending on measuring cycle
- Weatherproof IP67 sealing with one button operation
- Frost resistant
- Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 23 cm (shortest version)
- Weight approx. 130 gram
- Operating temperature: -20° C to +50° C
- PlantCare Mini-Logger ST / Inserting depth max. 18 cm
- PlantCare Mini-Logger M / Inserting depth max. 35 cm
- PlantCare Mini-Logger XL / Inserting depth max. 60 cm
- PlantCare Mini-Logger XXL / Inserting depth max. 100 cm
- PlantCare Mini-Logger XL Cable / Inserting depth max. 60 cm
- PlantCare Mini-Logger XXL Cable / Inserting depth max. 250 cm
The Plant Care Mini-Logger Configurator software allows for easy adjustment of the factory settings on a Windows PC. The The Configurator automatically generates a file that you save on a USB stick and then read in into the Mini-Logger.
- Setting options:
- Device name
- Measurement start at a certain time
- Measurement cycle from 10 minutes to 6 hours
- Moisture output in relative % or hPa suction pressure
- Import current date and time from your computer clock
- Delete memory function
- Languages: English/German
- Free of charge
- No installation required
- In relative %-units or
- hPa suction pressure for 6 standard soils
Measuring range soil moisture (at a soil temperature between 2° C to +37° C*):
- Relative %-units: 0 - 100%
- hPa: 0 – 400 hPa high sensitivity / > 400 - 800 hPa lower sensitivity
Measuring range soil temperature: -20°C to +50° C
- Soil moisture: +/- 3%
- Soil temperature: +/- 0.3° C
- Soil moisture in relative %: 1%
- Soil moisture in hPa: 1hPa
- Soil temperature: 0.1 °C
* Sensors for soil moisture measurements at soil temperature range between 2° C to +50° C on request
PlantCare’s worldwide patented sensor technology is based on the microthermic measurement of soil moisture. A specially developed felt material in moisture balance with the soil acts as the interface between the surrounding soil and the sensor. To measure the moisture level, the sensor is briefly heated and the cooling-down time, which varies depending on soil moisture, is determined. The sensor's cooling-down time thus provides a reliable statement of the soil's moisture content.
- PlantCare Mini-Logger incl. batteries
- PlantCare DataViewer software for the display and analysis of the measured data
- PlantCare Mini-Logger Configurator Software
- Data upload / download cable incl. 2 USB Sticks (1GB) for Mini-Logger configuration respectively data download
- Replacement tip with felt for Mini-Logger sensor