PlantControl CX is the world’s first self-learning irrigation computer that intelligently evaluates the measurements from up to 60 wireless-linked soil moisture sensors. It not only calculates the correct time to water but also the plants’ actual water requirements and automatically adjusts run times according to their growth stages and seasonal temperature fluctuations.
A PlantControl CX computer irrigates completely automatically. The control system is based on PlantCare's own soil moisture sensor which has been developed and patented worldwide. This totally maintenance-free sensor, which is already in successful use at renowned scientific institutes and companies, measures soil moisture content and soil temperature at regular intervals and transmits these measurements wireless to the control centre.
Irrigation starts automatically as soon as the measured dryness level exceeds the pre-set value and the irrigation time window has been reached. After irrigation, the PlantControl CX determines whether the pre-set target soil moisture level has been reached or not. If necessary, the run time is increased or reduced in order to hit the target moisture in the next irrigation run (DRA-Technology, Dynamic Run-Time Adjustment). This worldwide unique technology ensures optimum water supply for the plants, prevents under- or overwatering and protects precious water resources.
PlantCare AG’s unique communication concept means that the remote monitoring and control of an irrigation system is always guaranteed. DataViewer, PlantCare’s special evaluation software, also provides a fast and ideal visual overview as well as an analysis of the irrigation data. Corrections can be made remotely without the need for time-consuming, on-the-spot analyses.
- Agriculture irrigation
- Agriculture research
- Residential, commercial, sports fields irrigation
- Plants thrive thanks to their stress-free, sensor-controlled irrigation. They are less disease-prone and more pest-resistant.
- Watering only takes place when the soil has reached a specific level of dryness, in other words neither too early nor too late. This ensures a sustainable approach to the use of water.
- With PlantCare DRA-Technology (Dynamic Run-Time Adjustment) irrigation run times are adjusted continuously, thus preventing under- or overwatering. Manual adjustment of the run times due to seasonal temperature fluctuations is no longer necessary.
- Any leaching of fertilizer or other chemicals into the groundwater is consistently prevented, since overwatering is avoided.
- If any of the valves, etc. malfunction, an SMS alarm message is automatically sent to the relevant offices.
The configuration of a PlantControl CX with the PlantCare Communicator software is easy and convenient. This software allows the definition of irrigation zones and placement of sensors, valves and pumps with one click. The area to be irrigated can be entered as a plan or picture. The configuration data can be downloaded onto a USB stick and then transferred to the PlantControl CX.
- Up to 32 stations
- Speedily reaction to changes in moisture levels.
- Value measured is unaffected by salt or fertilizer content.
- Configure using the large LCD Display or via PlantCare Communicator Software.
- A USB-interface allows to load the irrigation configuration planed on a PC and readout the irrigation data via a USB stick.
- Various optional functions such as remote data retrieval, remote control as well as SMS-Alarm function are available
- Language setting German/English
- Extendable up to 32 stations with 8-station valve modules ((24V AC or 9V impulse with solar cell)
- Each station can be programmed individually
- Up to 60 wireless sensors can be connected
- Irrigation days freely selectable / up to 12 start times per day
- Various irrigation modes can be selected per valve: sensor-controlled with constant run time / dynamic run time adjustment (PlantCare DRA-Technology) / timer watering
- Selectable dry level for irrigation start and target moisture level after irrigation
- Moisture measurement in: relative % or hPa (for hPa 6 standard soils to choose from)
- Easy programming on a PC with PlantCare Communicator Software
- Irrigation data analysis with PlantCare DataViewer Software
- Signal range up to 200 meters, dependent on the type of terrain. Can be extended up to 30 kilometers using optional ange extenders.
- Licence-free transmission frequency: 868 MHz or 915 MHz, interchangeable
- Weatherproof IP67 housing
- Frost resistant
- Operating temperature: -20° C to +50° C
PlantControl CX smart irrigation controller
- Large LCD-Display / USB interface
- Up to 100.000 data sets can be recorded
- Power supply: 8 AA rechargeable batteries (inclusive), in combination with mains (110/230V) or solar cell 12W
- Dimensions: 29 x 23 x 15 cm
- Can be used in all soil types
- Power supply: 2 AA 1.5 V batteries
- Battery life span approx. 1 year depending on measuring cycle
- Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 29 cm (shortest version)
- PlantCare wireless sensor ST / Inserting depth max. 18 cm
- PlantCare wireless sensor M / Inserting depth max. 35 cm
- PlantCare wireless sensor XL / Inserting depth max. 60 cm
- PlantCare wireless sensor XXL / Inserting depth max. 100 cm
- PlantCare wireless sensor XL Cable / Inserting depth max. 60 cm
- PlantCare wireless sensor XXL Cable / Inserting depth max. 250 cm
- In relative %-units or
- hPa suction pressure for 6 standard soils
Measuring range soil moisture (at a soil temperature between 2° C to +37° C*):
- Relative %-units: 0 - 100%
- hPa: 0 – 400 hPa high sensitivity / > 400 - 800 hPa lower sensitivity
Measuring range soil temperature: -20°C to +50° C
- Soil moisture: +/- 3%
- Soil temperature: +/- 0.3° C
- Soil moisture in relative %: 1%
- Soil moisture in hPa: 1hPa
- Soil temperature: 0.1 °C
* Sensors for soil moisture measurements at soil temperature range between 2° C to +50° C on request
PlantCare’s worldwide patented sensor technology is based on the microthermic measurement of soil moisture. A specially developed felt material in moisture balance with the soil acts as the interface between the surrounding soil and the sensor. To measure the moisture level, the sensor is briefly heated and the cooling-down time, which varies depending on soil moisture, is determined. The sensor's cooling-down time thus provides a reliable statement of the soil's moisture content.
- PlantControl CX irrigation controller incl. 8-Station 24V AC modul, GPRS Modem, internal transformer
- 8-station 24V AC or or 9V impulse extension module extendable up to 32 stations
- Multi-functional switching module (fertilizer control, facility management, floating contact)
- PlantCare wireless soil moisture sensors incl. batteries in various length
- Solar cell
- Range extenders for increasing the radio range
- External antenna for enhanced signal reception (for PlantControl CX or GPRS terminal)
- PlantCare DataViewer software for the display and analysis of the irrigation data
- PlantCare Communicator Software for easy programming on a PC
- Replacement tip with felt for sensor
- Frost alarm function incl. two wireless temperature sensors
- Remote data retrieval function
- Remote control function
- SMS-Alarm function
- Internet connection function